White Chocolate Cheesecake Bites
July 4th is just days away and as I was doing my meal planning this week I realized I’ve never shared this recipe on the blog! It’s a tragedy really because these little bite sized treats are a crowd pleaser for your summer picnics! I made them a few years ago and they’ve been a Fourth of July tradition ever since! I love that they come together so quickly and look so cute.
White Chocolate Cheesecake Strawberries
16-20 medium, fresh strawberries
1/3 cup white chocolate chips
4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
1 tsp vanilla flavoring
3/4 cup thawed frozen whipped topping
16-20 fresh blueberries
1. Wash and dry fruit, set to the side.
2. Place white chocolate morsels in a small, microwave safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 45-60 seconds or until almost melted; stir until smooth.
3. In a small bowl, add cream cheese, vanilla, and chocolate. -Whisk until smooth; stir in whipped topping. Spoon filling into a piping bag fitted with an open star tip. (You can also use a Ziploc bag and cut off the corner.
4. Stem and hull strawberries. Cut a very thin slice off pointed end of strawberries to form a flat base. Place strawberries on a serving platter.
5. Pipe filling evenly into each strawberry. Top with a blueberry and serve.
* You can also top these delicious berries with crushed graham cracker crumbs and drizzle in chocolate- YUM!
Recipe adapted from: The Pampered Chef